Variable speed drives for simple and advanced machines
Altivar Machine ATV320, a variable speed drive designed for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) that meets simple and advanced application requirements for 3 Phase synchronous and asynchronous motors from 0.18 to 15 kW (0.25 to 20 Hp).
Altivar Machine ATV320 was designed to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of machines, while optimizing design and engineering costs for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
Enhanced automation capabilitiesThe Altivar Machine ATV320 matches a variety of machine throughput requirements with the following features:
- Open-loop motor control combined with simplicity for asynchronous and synchronous motors, even at low speed and dynamic accuracy for start/stop applications,
- Advanced connectivity with automation architectures such as CANopen, EtherNet/IP - Modbus TCP, EtherCAT, Profibus, Profinet, DeviceNet.
- Application specific functions and ATVLogic bring the application expertise and flexibility into the machines.
Extended machine availability
- Continuous machine operation in harsh environments with high levels of ambient temperature, dust, electrical interruptions, or mechanical disturbances. Ability to work in ambients up to 60°C with derating and 50°C without derating.
- Maximized machine operation time, as production changes, maintenance, safety diagnostics and operation, network configuration, and system integration can all to be accomplished quickly.
Reduced total machine cost
- Reduced installation costs, with both book and compact form factors reducing machine footprint, whether mounted in a machine frame or electrical cabinet
- Fewer additional devices needed to manage machine safety and simple logic functions, as both are managed internally within the drive
- Reduced engineering and design time thanks to ready-to-use, PLCopen-compliant libraries and tested, validated, documented architectures (TVDAs) available through Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure Machine solutions
Advanced connectivity enables integration with many of the most common Ethernet and serial-based communication networks, from EtherNet IP to CANopen, complementing integration with Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure Machine solutions and facilitating PLCopen compliance.
Reliably accurate motor control of both asynchronous and synchronous motors.
Robust design with IEC 60721-3-3 class 3C3 coated printed circuit boards to extend machine availability in harsh environmental conditions, for example at ambient temperatures of up to 60°C without the need of additional cooling.
Comprehensive embedded safety with, in addition to Safety Torque Off, four functions for full safety monitoring to simplify machine certification and compliance with Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC.
- Material Handling
- Material working
- Mechanical actuators