HVAC drives for 0.75 to 75 kW motors
Built for performance, intelligence and building protection
The Altivar 212 is a variable speed drive for 3-phase asynchronous motors from 0.75 kW to 75 kW. Specifically designed for the most common fluid management applications in tertiary sector buildings (HVAC) like heating, ventilation, air conditioning and pumping. Energy savings of up to 70% can be achieved compared to a traditional control system, thanks to eco-energy design.
Altivar 212 covers motor powers between 0.75 kW and 75 kW on the following supplies:
- 200…240V 3-phase, from 0.75 kW to 30 kW, IP 21
- •380…480V 3-phase, from 0.75 kW to 75 kW, IP 21
- •380…480V 3-phase, from 0.75 kW to 75 kW, UL Type 12/IP 55
- Speed range: 1:50
- Transient overtorque: 110% - 60 s.
- Integrated EMC filters, categories C1 to C3 depending on model
- Communication bus most commonly used on the market integrated: Modbus, METASYS N2®, APOGEE FLN P1® and BACnet®. Optional: LonWorks
- Complies to international standards and certifications: UL, CSA, C-Tick and NOM
- Antiharmonic technology enables a THDI < 30% to be achieved
Centralised Technical Management
- Instant viewing of the energy consumption
- Detection of failures for quick intervention including belt breakage, pump running dry, phase failure and supply fault
- Preventative maintenance for reducing costs and optimising the equipment including fault alerts, operating times and more
- Connection to building supervision network using embedded protocols
- Tools for installing, parametering and viewing the installation (remote graphic terminal in 6 languages, Multi-Loader, Bluetooth and SoMove Mobile)
- Compact size
- Simple maintenance
- Continuity of service assured
- Dedicated “Building” series functions (fire mode, register monitoring, mechanical protection function, etc.)
- Integrated EMC filter, antiharmonic technology (THDI ˜ 30%)
- Less noise pollution (airdraulic noise, motor noise, etc.).
- Detection of transmission component breakage.
- Smoke extraction: forced start with fault inhibition.
- Automatic restart.
- Allows register management.
Heating and Air conditioning:
- Optimize control in fluid processing.
- Use of PID controller (temperature, flow rate, pressure, etc.).
- Adjustable flow rates for better energy management.
- Suppression of mechanical resonance.
- Detection of under-load/overload, pump running dry.
- Multi-motor configuration.
- Limitation of operating time at low speed.
- Sleep/Wake function.
- Pressure surge suppression for prolonging the life of the installation.