EtherCAT device for centralized motion control applications
Digitax HD M753 EtherCAT features an integrated 2-port EtherCAT switch for easy integration into centralized motion control applications.
EoE (Ethernet over EtherCAT) support allows pc-tool connection for commissioning and monitoring over the EtherCAT network. The new servo drive can operate with motion controllers, motion PLCs and Industrial PCsvia built-in EtherCAT.
- 300% peak current performance pulse-duty overload
Optimized control loops for high dynamic performance
- 62.5 μs current loop
- 250 μs position and speed loop
- Up to 16 kHz switching frequency (default ratings specified at 8 kHz)
- Supports a wide range of feedback technologies including Quadrature, SinCos (including absolute), SSI, BiSS, EnDat (up to 4 Mb with EnDat 2.2) and resolvers
- Maximum performance package with high torque density, low inertia Unimotor hd servo motors
- On-board Advanced Motion Controller for distributed 1.5 axis motion control
- High speed network synchronisation of less than 1 μs jitter
- 40 mm drive width and option bracket adds 22 mm, providing a highly competitive maximum drive width of 62 mm
- MCi210 Machine Control module for complete standalone capability, removing the need for an external controller
- Reduce cabinet height by directly stacking rows of drives. Patented Ultraflow™ technology expels heat directly outside of the cabinet through the rear of the drive (drive heat dissipation can also be achieved via vents on the top of the drive, as standard).
- Fits into cabinets just 200 mm deep
Easy installation and setup
- DIN rail alignment
- Kits for easy multi-axis installation
- Single motor cable and electronic motor name plate for fast set up
- Seamless motor-drive pairing with Unimotor hd servo motors from Control Techniques
- Easy access pluggable connectors
- Rapid commissioning with the Unidrive M Connect PC tool and SD cards
- Operate with any automation product via EtherCAT
- - Operate with motion controllers, motion PLCs and Industrial PCs via built-in EtherCAT
- - Dual 100Mbps EtherCAT interfaces for use with in line topologies
- - Non-cyclic data communication using the CoE mailbox
- Flexibility for all applications achieved through full access to drive functions
- CANopen over EtherCAT (CoE) including:
- CIA-402 profile
- Cyclic sync position mode
- Interpolated position mode
- Velocity mode
- Profile torque mode
- SDO access to all profile objects and drive parameters
- An optional RS485 adaptor is available, providing a back-up pc tool connection in case of network failure
- Reduced downtime with machine safety
- - Integrated dual safe torque off
- - Meets SIL3 (Safety Integrity Level 3) and PLe (Performance Level e)
Remote Keypad RTC
The keypad is remote mountable, allowing flexible mounting on the outside of a panel (meets IP54/NEMA 12). Three line plain text, multi-language LCD keypad for rapid set-up and helpful diagnostics. Battery operated real-time clock allows accurate time stamping of events, aiding diagnostics.
KI Compact Display
The display (fitted on M753, optional on M751) ensures access to drive diagnostics even in the absence of network connectivity. Includes 2 rotary switches for hardware setting of the node address for faster commissioning of the motion network.
KI-Compact 485 Adaptor
This allows the drive to communicate via RS485. This is commonly used for programming if the drive has no keypad.
System Integration Modules - Feedback
Quadrature encoder input interface module.
Encoder input and output interface supporting Quadrature, SinCos, EnDat and SSI encoders.
System Integration Modules - Communications
SI-PROFIBUS interface module enables follower connectivity. It is possible to use multiple SI-PROFIBUS modules or a combination of SI-PROFIBUS and other option module types to add additional functionality such as extended I/O, gateway functionality or additional PLC features.
SI-DeviceNet enables follower connectivity. It is possible to use multiple SI-DeviceNet modules to provide additional functionality.
Digitax HD's SI-CANopen interface module supports various profiles, offering optimum flexibility.
SI-Ethernet can be used to provide high speed drive access, global connectivity and integration with IT network technologies.
SI-EtherCAT allows Digitax HD servo drive to connect and interface with EtherCAT networks.
SI-PROFINET allows Digitax HD to communicate and interface with PROFINET PLCs and networks.
System Integration Modules - Applications
Compatible module allows SyPTPro application programs to be re-complied for HD.
Second processor, providing advanced customization using industry standard IEC61131-3 programming languages.
Extended advanced machine control, provides MCi200 functionality with additional ports and simultaneous connectivity to 2 separate Ethernet networks.
System Integration Modules - Additional I/O
Extended I/O interface module to increase the number of I/O points on a drive. Provides additional: 4 x Digital I/O, 3 x Analog inputs (default)/Digital inputs, 1 x Analog output (default)/Digital input, 2 x Relays.
Drive interface units - Communications
CT USB Communications Cable
The USB Communications cable allows the drive to connect to a PC for use with our PC tools*.
* Also requires KI-Compact-485 adaptor.
Commissioning and monitoring software
Connect - Commissioning tool
Based on Control Techniques’ 25 years' experience, Connect is our latest drive configuration tool for commissioning, optimizing and monitoring drive/system performance.
Automation and motion programming software
Machine Control Studio - Programming tool
Control Techniques' Machine Control Studio provides a flexible and intuitive environment for programming Digitax HD’s new automation and motion control features.